Rolf Ran Online :: Episode 3 Mix Episode 6
<BLINK><!-- Codes by HTMLcodes.me --> <marquee behavior=alternate direction=left><span style=color:blue>Super Very Cheap Donations and Very High Rate Server :: Friendly Staff :: Please Join Us to Evade the World of Rolf Ran</marquee> </a></p></BLINK>

Super Very Cheap Donations and Very High Rate Server :: Friendly Staff :: Please Join Us to Evade the World of Rolf Ran

HomeROLFCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

big guy looking to go shorter, wider on my new "daily-driver". would appreciate any advice, comments, thoughts, ideas. aloha!.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Plovelee

PostSubject: big guy looking to go shorter, wider on my new "daily-driver". would appreciate any advice, comments, thoughts, ideas. aloha!.   Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 am

aloha im 38, 6'4" 250 lbs. live on oahu, been surfing 28 years with a couple gaps. i surf often and try to keep current with the sport and would like to think my surfing reflects that although i must admit i was at my best 15-20 years ago, basically before i filled out my frame and was alot lighter so i could ride small boards like in the 6' 3"-6' 5".range.

i spent years trying to ride boards that were too small, too thin, too narrow. not catching waves, getting in late and getting tossed etc. and not having much fun in the small stuff. so i finally ordered a 7'0" squash, 22" wide 3" thick with full rails. well ive been riding that thing awhile as my small wave daily driver and it paddles great but is a complete pig! and if the waves are juicy and steep it wants to slide out or refuses to bury the rail and wants to "cork" on me if that makes sense?

so... i was wondering if going much shorter... say 6'5" or 6'6" and wider... maybe 24" and 31/4" thick but the rails real pulled in... i guess the deck would have to be domed to achieve that? so that ive got volume under my cheast for paddling (paddling, catching waves a high priority) but can still bury the rail? low entry rocker? bottom contours and rockers are a bit of a mystery so please lay it on me! rails too! living in hawai'i the waves are juicy and every thing ive ever ridden with deep or extreme concaves etc sucked and only pushed water with the exception of 2 deep channel boards mark lidell made me long ago which were MAGIC! so my instinct is to go subtle rather than extreme.

any advice, guidance or maybe your own experiences in the battle to keep killing it in spite of some extra pounds would be totally appreciated. id like to be pretty sure of what i want when i order the board. the shaper is a guy i know and surf with from time to time. hes my height but probably 50 pounds lighter and rides little boards and always says i should be too. but i dont wanna go back to struggling to get into waves. id rather catch tons of waves and struggle with turning the board if i have to choose. hoping i can have both?

mahalo for your time and kokua!

~~~~~~Aloha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

big guy looking to go shorter, wider on my new "daily-driver". would appreciate any advice, comments, thoughts, ideas. aloha!.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rolf Ran Online :: Episode 3 Mix Episode 6 :: GENERAL DISCUSSION-
Jump to: